Thursday, March 3, 2011

My First Animation - Depression over Time

Today, I finally perfected my animation that I drew for my final art assignment of yr 12 last year. It took me the whole term to draw it up on A3 and piece together in a movie file. I didn't like how it turned out using imovie so utilizing the TAFE's Flash program I put my stills together to make this:





I had a song that went with it...but after our copyright talk in class, I don't want to risk getting in troubles :). You can watch it on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqRNmAs3Fh4, the video is bigger there.

The concept behind my animation was to show the development of depression as an example of facade. Usually when somebody have depression you hide behind a mask (facade) of false happiness to cloak how you really feel. After a while the facade starts to leak and show through and it becomes harder to hide how you feel until it breaks loose.
There were a few missing frames at the start which I'm not happy about but nevertheless it turned out better than i expected for an amateur :d

5 comments:

  1. Holy moly Amy, that's so cool! How many frames did that take you? I love the eyes especially, very expressive. Mucho impressed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks it was 40 frames, but I actually did 46 frames. I didn't like those 6 so discarded them :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy. You should research copyright further and how it pertains to student work and not-for-profit situations.

    There is a lot of skill andd work in this wonderful animation. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I was uncertain to whether I should add it in and then I realized that I don't know how to add music to flash :P
    Thank you :), I will be learning from the best from now on so there'll be improvements :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amy or Aym, which ever you prefer, ha ha. I like this work a lot it is amazing and highly advanced work for a grade 12 project! I think the concept is very good and the ideology is very professional and you have a good idea of the psychological aspect of your theme so it has substance to the work instead of a solid and very emotive theme with lil solid idea, like the many artworks and animations I see when I go to art exhibitions, and so I believe this is a work you should be very proud of and I see that you seem like a very mature student...in the sense of artistic talent. I like the idea of all hand drawn also, it gives the work a much more personal and textured style to it and allows a more emotive work. I also believe that it has translated and portrayed the theme very well, I like the work from this blog it is very inspiring, I think I should work much more now to keep up with all the youth in the industry, they seem very talented from this 1st year, ha ha. I was picking boogers and whistling dixie when I was a young go getter, I hadn't ever produced this quality and I still haven't ha ha. Also it's good that you're learning how to use Adobe Flash CS5, it's very useful, also I'd suggest the Adobe Premiere CS5 if you haven't used it. I could show any of you 1st years who are interested and I'll try and post a blog of some Adobe Premiere Tutorials and other programs when I ever get time and can be bothered, I can show you guys how to use it, as this program could edit the seperate images much better and it can fix up timing, transition and make the work appear much smoother, better timing and has an ability to fix and correct the colouring and that etc. This is Good Work, A+ !!! :)

    ReplyDelete